Thursday, January 04, 2007

25 Things I Would Like to Do Before I Die

I only ever liked the game tag when someone else was it and they were slow, because I didn't like being it, at all. The thoughts you are about to read are in no particular order, I hope you enjoy.

1. Ride an elephant in India.
2. Sail the seven seas.
3. Put my ear to the earth and hear the music it makes to glorify the one who created it.
4. Have a picnic on the Edge of the World.
5. Dance in the rain.
6. Marry the man God has dreamed of putting me with.
7. Live in a house with a red door (I know it seems a small thing).
8. Raise my own family of curly-headed, imaginative children.
9. Act on stage.
10. Learn how to and become a daughter who blesses her parents, a friend who truly cares, a wife who loves with the love spoken of in 1 Corinthians 13, and a mother who teaches her children to discover beauty.
11. Go back to where I would say I spent my childhood, amidst the plains and mountains of Slovakia, the old cites of Europe, and the endless tours. "Do we have to see another castle?"
12. Sit next to a babbling brook a whole day to watch what happens armed only with my sketch book and paints.
13. Send messages back and forth with my friend using carrier pigeons.
14. Learn how to ride a horse really well.
15. Live my life fully for God (there's a double meaning in that).
16. Learn a ballad to sing while doing the wash.
17. Discover, then develop something I am talented at, and use it for God.
18. Go to a very formal occasion being held for someone I know, I would even have a beautiful evening gown.
19. Stand behind a waterfall.
20. Walk to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
21. Learn how to use plants for paints, medicine and such much.
22. Give an acceptants speech.
23. Spend a spring day on the bough of a tree.
24. Use one of those ladders that roll on the top of bookshelves, like in Beauty and the Beast.
25. Like Moses did, speak with God face to face like a man does with his friend.

I tag Fidgit. Your it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I love the list! It makes me happy just thinking of some of the things! Its a very admirable list of goals. Though some may seem silly to say, I know they're dear to your heart, and dreamers of the like understand. I find some of the things very similar to my own goals...

Katie said...

I can't believe I haven't read any of these post?! What kind of friend am I? Well I haven't been online much lately. Sad.

But my thoughts are this:
Walk to the top of the Eiffel tower? Its VERY far, walk up to the elevator is my suggestion. I thought I was going to die. :-) And you want a red door? That's one of my dreams too! I love them. I loved reading all your fun thoughts.