Monday, March 23, 2009

Prayer... more thoughts

Fall of 93 my family was in limbo waiting to leave but still around. We lived with some friends who had a daughter in my kindergarten class. Kindergarten was great, and what made it better was it was in the afternoon.
A day as I remembered it:
  • Wake up
  • play with the cat
  • get ready
  • eat
  • go to school
  • go home in the sunshine
  • play with my friend
  • all the kids (and the ones next-door) playing cops and robbers
  • going to sleep
Life was good.

I don't remember very much of what the grown-ups did, Hilary and I were busy playing with Barbies and making up our own language, but I do have two memories with her father in them. First one morning as I wondered upstairs to eat breakfast/lunch I saw the parents (and maybe others) in the living room praying. Second Everyone from both families was standing in a circle we were praying together, I'm not sure what about, I remember thinking it was odd we were standing next to the arcade games that lived in the basement.

All this to say, out of all the memories I could have of Hilary's father (and don't) the only ones I do have are of him praying.

1 comment:

stormi esperanza said...

good memories. i should think him proud that he is remembered that way. =)
missed you at soccer!