Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dear Aiden,

Last night I missed your mom's call. How I wish her and I could have talked.  Talk about the thoughts that were going through her brain and heart as she knew she'd meet you the next day. This evening your dad text me to keep me in the loop. Thousands of miles away but wanting to be there. Pushing has started, you can't be far off.
I head to a party your grandparents, aunt and uncle are there. We all have our phones we all have smiles and we all can't do anything but wait.... Aunt Megan & I decided to shoot some hoops. It's dark, party lights aren't great for depth perception, but it doesn't matter cause we are just pacing the hospital floor on that basketball court. Every time one of our phones makes a noise we catch our breath.

Still waiting... your mom's been at this for a while. When are you going to cry to let us know everything is alright?

We hear a commotion coming from inside. Someone tells Megan she's an aunt. We run in and your mom is on speaker phone. We all gather around to hear every word. You're healthy,  you're named, you're blessed. Your parents are hungry. Your grandma cries, such joy, love and pride flowing down her face.
The call ends, we all hug. We tell the world. We hug some more.

I haven't seen you yet, in person or a picture. But I'm sure you're handsome and perfect and the amazing balance of your mom and dad. They are good, kind people. Always reflect them.   Welcome to this world little "fire of God". I can't wait to know you.
Love,
Auntie Annie 

No comments: