Friday, September 14, 2007

Thoughts about an (almost) Autumn day

Yesterday I awoke to a cloud full sky. In the afternoon I strolled through the park with some friends. We talked about how both work and pain came before the fall of man. We talked about conveniences and how they have helped us to an unhealthy state.

One of my favorite things about autumn is the air, when you walk along under changing trees it is as if your lungs fill up with the richest air, it seems to me that I could eat it.

In the evening we stepped outside, the rain was just ending. We walked about the neighborhood. Along the way we came to three majestic oak trees. Someone bent down, scooped up a handful of acorns and battle begun, every man, and woman for themself.

On we walked night came down to replace the silence of dusk, with contemplative music of darkness.

1 comment:

BDT said...

I agree. I think breathing autumn air is like eating pumpkin pie. yum.