Friday, June 15, 2012

".... a pastor's heart...."

pre script,  you might want to start by reading "... a girl..."

Honestly the reason why I'm excited to share this post is because I know everything I'm about to say has nothing to do with what I've figured out or what comes naturally to me, but rather everything is work God is doing in me.

Andrew is my brother. He is very kind, thoughtful and a good listener to peoples problems. On the other hand I see myself as; blunt, not observant, unapproachable, and talks a lot. In the past, I've said that I was the preacher and Andrew was the shepherd  (pastor heart). I tell them how it is, and he helps them get there.

Then one day I found myself overseeing children, leaders (teachers) and parents.  I knew on that day that I knew nothing about shepherding all those different people, there was no even pretending to know how.  You know when you're stumped.

That morning's reading was Matthew 18: 1-14 (especially 12-14) Jesus talks of a man who looks after one hundred sheep.  One sheep goes wondering and ends up lost. The shepherd leaves the ninety-nine to find the one who is lost.  Then ends with "In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost."  I explained that I had no idea what it meant to be a shepherd of souls, and God very gently  reassured me that he would teach me. To keep my eyes on him and do as he does.

Do I always remember to follow his movements, or even watch him? Sadly no, but it is what I want to want.

1 comment:

Bekah Boo said...

ooo Anna....
how i see myself like you see yourself. too blunt. too this. too that.
but!
BUT God, rich in mercy and grace teaches us...
and uses us, still... which is even more remarkable, yet.
just, love you...