Friday, May 18, 2012

"... a girl..."

So the is the first of what I'm planning is going to be a little group of posts expanding the paragraph that inspired the last post: A Safe Place.  While at a conference I attended recently they had type writers and paper with the header : "What's your story?" So I started typing...

Hello, 
My name is Anna and this is a page in my story... or should I say my page in God's story:)  I'm a girl, a woman, a MK, a pastor heart, a leader, an artist, a storyteller, an old soul, a women waiting for her man, maybe a prophetess... a daughter, a sister, and part of a promise, a promise of revival. A promise of the Spirit coming and flooding our lives, our hearts, our homes, and our selves. But like I said at the beginning this story really is God's... he's just letting me join in... What will he say? Where will he move? (show up unexpectedly) What will he do? There is no telling really, all we can do is follow and listen to the whispering wind.
"... a girl..." 
"girl |gərl|
noun
1 a female child." -my computer dictionary 
For such a cool computer this is a lousy definition. When I hear the word "girl" I think someone who encases, expresses and delights in beauty, someone who plays opposite (but not at odds) with boy.


No comments: