Friday, May 11, 2012

Tru Gathering... "What's your story?"

Here we are in Californian at Tru Gathering 2012,  450 people who want to further the Kingdom and feel the tug of children.  The sessions have been good, really enjoyed the different story tellers, but I'm not sure why I'm here. I feel like I'm waiting and looking... a couple of questions have been answered, which was nice.....

Here's what I know.....
1. Before leaving I talked honestly with a fellow minister (and dad in our church) about where the families are at,  and that God is the one who grows and awakens people to deeper, fuller lives. We talked about how I could share mt heart with the dads so they would know my longing and it would be known, and they could share theirs and together we could dream and plant families that long for God, who can see and know him.

2. The leadership at church are very sportive, and I don't need to do any convincing.

3. It's my bent to want to fix, improve, go deeper, what others are doing, however I'm constantly reminded to bring them deeper into Jesus and in turn everything they touch is enriched by THEIR growing relationship with God.

4. Was in a break out and almost every idea they shared our church has already come up with, it just a matter of chasing it down all the way, feeding it healthy food and giving it room to grow, that was encouraging... still though we had already thought of them.

My question is why am I here? What do I have to offer?

No comments: