Monday, May 28, 2012

"... a woman..."

(pre script this is a part of a series see "...a girl..." )

In no way, shape, or form is this going to cover all of what it means to be a woman, or even how I see myself as a woman. It's simply going to open a curtain and let you peer outside.

For starter lets point out the obvious; men and women are different and when a man is acting fully and freely as a man it encourages a woman to act fully and freely as a woman.  Also there seems to be a difference between what "just anyone would do" and what a woman would do.

This is what it looks like in my life....


I want to encourage the men in my life to be the men they long to be. I want to be quick to come alongside others in their journey. To use my voice to inspire people not burden them. To protect those needing protecting and not shirking from difficult conversations but speaking (and listening) in grace and truth.

Being a woman is something I would love to be. Most of the time however I go from forgetting about it, to loving it, to being afraid of it.

There'll be times when I forget all about what it means to be a woman, and just live my normale self focused life. Then something will come along that insperes me to greatness.... maybe something that was said, or the way the sun shone, or a stirring of the soul.

No comments: