Friday, April 06, 2007

Sometimes I want to give up and take the "easy" road. Randomly pick a school or a job to do, then some time go out meet a boy get married and have a "pulled together life". But that my friend would only be a life partly lived. Sometimes I forget I haven't given up, I forget there is a battle going on for my life, and for the world. I'm just passive not caring my weight, doing what I could, going out and fighting for the one who loves, and saved me. I'm not even practising. Both are lives only partly lived.

Today was Good Friday. We talked about how Christ actively gave himself to save what he created, what he loved. And then I look at what little I'm willing to do for him, sacrifice for him, let him handle, trust him. Over and over I am telling him he is not good enough to run my life (much less save it) he doesn't realize what I have to do in this day and age to have respect from people, what is demanded of me.

Christ,
You are the only one who can save me, no one else can do it. I want to live a full life for you, doing what you dreamt of me doing, I want to live a life that reflects your glory back to you. I know I often want the spotlight, I'm sorry for taking your praise. Like the Triumphal Entry I am just the donkey you are riding, it would be foolish to think they were saying "Hosanna!" to me without you I am simply a donkey, who doesn't know what to do.
Take my life and do with me what you will, I pray you will give me courage and faith.

7 comments:

AaronCooper said...

Midsummer,
That was really inspiring and oh so true. We always get caught up in ourselves and what we want and sometimes forget to put Christ in control and give him the glory.

-Germo

Eucharisto said...

Great post, Midsummer. At least for me, it was very encouraging.

I was just thinking recently how funny it is that I want so much to make my life meaningful and excellent; I feel like I have to take my talents and drives in life and do something with them. Contrary to that is the fact that all good things come from God, and gift of goodness I have inside me comes from Him. In the end, the only thing I can really claim for myself, and point to, is Christ.

Happy Easter!

rosewhisper said...

Wow...that was really encouraging and oh so true. I think it's good to be reminded of that type of thing every so often.

MANGO said...

Anna, dearest, I must echo what everyone else has already stated in that this was truly inspiring! It is true, it's very convicting when you stop and actually think, wow He died for that sin, but I'm not willing to forgive for this sin.. or look and see what I've done... it makes you fall in love with Him even more!!
Good post dear!
LOve,
Mango

Andrew Price said...

Hooray for my sister! (No, I'm not giving you praise that belongs to God. Rather, I'm celebrating that I can see that your heart belongs to Him.)

Come! Let us shun the half-lived life!

Mark and Amy Wiersma said...

Oh beautiful!! It's been so long since I've talked to you!! I'm just stopping by to say Hi!! God is teaching me so much - and it sounds like you as well! What a great God we get to serve!! hey, did you hear I'm working at a camp this summer?! =D

Katie said...

Such a good post! I love you and I love your heart!